The Most POPULAR Boot in NYC – Nike Men’s Air Max Goadome

Nike Men’s Air Max Goadome – Black

Price: Ranges from 139.99 to 179.99

Nike Men’s Air Max Goadome - Black

Oh good lawd THEY ARE EVERYWHERE!!!!!

THESE FREAKIN BOOTS ARE FREAKIN ALL OVER THE PLACE! No Lie. TRUE STORY. I have lost count as to how many times I have seen this boot. I have yet to ever see anything close this year when to comes to these things. I was on the bus just 4 days ago and, including myself, there were 5 pairs. 3 of the ones pictured above and 2 of the seamless ones (that is the one I wear).

Nike Men’s Air Max Goadome Seamless Low- Black

There isn’t a day that goes by that I do not see these boots. Nike hit the jackpot with this one. Not only the highschoolers are wearing them (copy kats), the college set are wearing them and adults of all ages are wearing them. These shoes are a BIG HIT amongst the Police, UPS, Fed Ex, Security Guards, Construction Workers, Sanitation and MTA workers due to the fact that they are stupid comfortable. When you are on your feet all day doing whatever, you need something that really works well while at the same time fills the job requirements. Your feet hurt, you got corns growing, you hammer toe that didn’t bother you before you started working, now does… man you need something that has some cushioning while it actually will protect your foot against glass, gravel, rocks and other such junk.

These boots do the job. My feet are doing better and I am sure other people will agree that this is better than the Timbo workboot or the Sears work shoe.

Nike Boots LookBook at Complex

A few things Nike could do to just take over the planet with these boots:

1. Actually state that the rubber is non-slip on oils and such and that it can protect you from hazards such as electrocution (like other work boots do)
  2. Make a OSHA approved steel toe version.
  3. Make a non-visible air version (for those who worry about puncturing the air pillows)
  4. STOP fronting on the fact that people have widths and orthopedic needs… if New Balance can do it, so can you.
  5. Would a Nike Shock version work for this? (Undecided on how that would look or how popular that would be)
  6. Nike Air Max 360 version??? lol
  7. Much like Timberlan did a collaberation with NYC Police and NYCT, maybe a Goamdome version with a NYC subway map on it.

Yes Nike, I know; these are not work boots. They are marketed toward the casual wearer. That’s fine… but I will bet you that a version that is more work boot like will also take over NYC.

Even with my criticisms, the Nike Air Goadome using full Air Max cushioning works so freakin well that it is literally the boot that has taken over NYC. I can say with many assurances that I will see this boot at least 10 times tomorrow AT LEAST. Not even the Air Jordan Aquas had so much penetration.

Get the different versions at Eastbay. Finishline has some more styles and if I find any other places with them, I’ll post it here.

1. The Nike Boot trend began in DC, not NYC. I just hope whoever created this blog knows that.

November 27, 2007 at 11:47 pm

2. LOL

I never said where it started, I said that it is the most popular boot in NYC. How did “most popular boot in NYC” become “it started in NYC”?

November 28, 2007 at 5:49 am

3. jealousy

I don’t know why people in DC like to compare themselves to NYorkers?

March 21, 2008 at 12:21 pm

4. J From MD, But Born In D.C.

cuz D.C. && MD been had Nike Boots B4 NYC,I don’t know why New Yorkers compare them selves to D.C.
    Down here we at least got our own brands like Solbiato Sport,Bonidacci,Shooters,&& All’Daz we had Nike Boots since early 2000’s. && NY started rockin em when Jimmy came down in 06′. Yall can even watch da vid on Youtube where he crankin wit TCB @ The Tunnel.but yea,they good boots, i rock mine like every day.

April 7, 2008 at 8:41 pm

5. Pingback: Nike Air Foamposite Boot Is Next Up For December 08 « Sneakers And Shoes

6. manisha

are there such thing as nike steel toe shoes/boots?

August 19, 2009 at 7:55 pm

• I wish, but now, they haven’t realized that they have a big market for uniformed people with these shoes

August 20, 2009 at 3:28 pm

7. korybeats

Most of you guys are right. I’m from The Bronx and I first seen Nike Air Max Goadome Boots in NYC back in the early 2000’s too. They were like$200+ and only ballers was wearing them. Like 28 and up. We was still stuck on Tims and Vasque Boots. I went to MD DC to visit my family in late 2003-early 2004. YO them shits was EVERYWHERE. OMG. They had mad colors that I havent seen to this day in NYC. I left MD DC in June 04 They didnt pop hard in NYC till that same fall when I copped a pair of all black for $105, true story in Training camp ON 41st and 6th Ave. Then people started buying them cause the stores finally caught on then started charging niggas $150 everywhere. NYC has no colors for the NIKE BOOTS. MD DC had like 12 colors back then with different color seams. It was crazy. IF you from MD DC, holla at me. I need some real NIKE BOOTS

October 26, 2009 at 2:09 pm